The Anchorage Police Department offers a well-rounded benefits package, including competitive salary, health care coverage and incentives.
The MOA is an EO and AA employer and complies with Title I of the ADA.
The Municipality of Anchorage (MOA) offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees that may include:
Starting Pay: $71,801.60 yearly ($34.52 hourly)
Top Pay as a Senior Patrol Officer after 8 years and 4 months: $106,516.80 yearly ($51.21 hourly)
Additional earnings from specialty assignments, shift differential, and overtime not included.
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Health and Dependent Care
- Health Savings Accounts
- Alaska Public Employees’ Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (PERS DCR) Click Here for Plan Overview
- Voluntary 401(k) up to 2% employer match (Moving to 4% in 2023)
- Voluntary 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
Employer Paid Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 5.4 Weeks of Annual Leave Plan
- 4 Weeks of Sick Leave Plan
- 12 Paid Holiday Days
- Paid Tuition and Books
- 4 Percent Pay Raise for Associate’s Degree
- 8 Percent Pay Raise for Bachelor’s Degree
- Take Home Car
- Uniforms and Equipment Provided
- Clothing and Equipment Allowance
- Uniform Cleaning Provided
For an overview of our medical benefit package go to http://www.muni.org/Departments/employee_relations/Pages/BenefitsSummaries.
The Anchorage Police Department provides multiple opportunities to join a variety of units, specialty teams and be promoted to leadership positions. Officers receive training throughout the year and attend specialty trainings for individual skill growth related to the field of law enforcement.