PROCESS FOR BECOMING AN ANCHORAGE POLICE OFFICER
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States by the date of hire
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Must be 21 years of age by the date of hire
- Must possess a valid State of Alaska Driver’s license by the time of hire
- Must meet standards established by the Alaska Police Standards Council (APSC). For more information about APSC certification, go to http://dps.alaska.gov/apsc/ and the Anchorage Police Department regarding misdemeanor or felony convictions and use of controlled substances.
- No criminal convictions after reaching 21 years of age
- Convictions under age 21 will be individually assessed
- No marijuana use within the past three years
Applicants must possess the following qualities
- Unquestionable character and integrity
- Free of cultural and ethnic bias
- Strong ethical code in both personal and professional life
- Desire to diligently protect and serve the community through courage, compassion and respect
- Personal conduct above reproach
Entry Level Testing
Please click on the links below for more information:
- National Criminal Justice Officer Selection Inventory– I (NCJOSI2) test
- Physical ability test
- Video demonstration of the physical ability test ** Note that the vertical jump has been eliminated from the PAT test.
For additional information, you can call the APD Recruitment Team at 907-786-8811 or email us at APDJobs@muni.org.
Applications are being accepted now for the December 2017 academy. The job posting will close August 18, 2017 for system upgrades. It will reopen from September 11, 2017 to September 19, 2017.
CALL 907-786-8811 NOW for more information.