PROCESS FOR BECOMING AN ANCHORAGE POLICE OFFICER
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States by the date of hire
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Must be 21 years of age by the date of hire
- Must possess a valid State of Alaska Driver’s license by the time of hire
- Must meet standards established by the Alaska Police Standards Council (APSC). For more information about APSC certification, go to http://dps.alaska.gov/apsc/ and the Anchorage Police Department regarding misdemeanor or felony convictions and use of controlled substances.
- No criminal convictions after reaching 21 years of age
- Convictions under age 21 will be individually assessed
- No marijuana use within the past three years
Applicants must possess the following qualities
- Unquestionable character and integrity
- Free of cultural and ethnic bias
- Strong ethical code in both personal and professional life
- Desire to diligently protect and serve the community through courage, compassion and respect
- Personal conduct above reproach
Entry Level Testing
Please click on the links below for more information:
- National Criminal Justice Officer Selection Inventory– I (NCJOSI2) test
- Physical ability test requirements
- Video demonstration of the physical ability test ** Note that the vertical jump has been eliminated from the PAT test.
Click to open needed documents;
For additional information, you can call the APD Recruitment Team at 907-786-8811 or email us at APDJobs@muni.org.
Applications are being accepted now for the June 2018 academy.
CALL 907-786-8811 NOW for more information.