The Anchorage Police Department offers a well-rounded benefits package, including competitive salary, health care coverage and incentives.
The MOA is an EO and AA employer and complies with Title I of the ADA.
The Municipality of Anchorage (MOA) offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees that may include:
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Health and Dependent Care
- Health Savings Accounts
- State of Alaska Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) Program
- Voluntary 401(k) up to 2% employer match
- Voluntary 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
Employer Paid Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 5.4 Weeks of Annual Leave Plan
- 4 Weeks of Sick Leave Plan
- 11.5 Paid Holiday Days
- Paid Tuition and Books
- 4 Percent Pay Raise for Associate’s Degree
- 8 Percent Pay Raise for Bachelor’s Degree
For an overview of our medical benefit package go to http://www.muni.org/Departments/employee_relations/Pages/BenefitsSummaries.
The Anchorage Police Department provides multiple opportunities to join a variety of units, specialty teams and be promoted to leadership positions. Officers receive training throughout the year and attend specialty trainings for individual skill growth related to the field of law enforcement.